The most recent developments in the field of smart nanocomposite materials for application in architecture and construction are reviewed in this special session on SNAIA Summit.
- Improvement of strengths of Portland-based concrete adding nanomaterials;
- Improvement of reinforcing steel’s corrosion and deterioration resistance adding nanomaterials;
- Use of nanocomposites to repel dampness and dust, fingerprints and bacteria in construction components;
- Thermal insulation and UV protection;
- Nanocomposite materials in new generation photovoltaic cells and panels;
- High-quality, long-lasting waterproofing materials and sealants;
- Nanocomposite materials in electronic parts and components of telecommunication and illumination;
- Nanocomposite materials in the production of water filters, purifiers and treatment equipment.